Siemens Surpresso TK60001 - S20 - Pipe system will not fill

• Siemens Surpresso TK60001 - S20 - Pipe system will not fill

Hersteller: Siemens | Typ-/Modell: Surpresso TK60001 - S20 | ca. Baujahr: Unbekannt

After a routine 'clean' cycle, the machine asked for a 'descale/calcif which I have done many times.
      But this time, there is now a problem. The pipe system will not fill. The pump is trying to work so there is a blockage at least.

I called Siemens in the UK today but they have no maintenance manuals and I need help to remove the side panel etc.
      I have found the komtra.de site but none of the pdf manuals show any photos or diagrams (I have the latest Adobe Reader installed).

Help with manuals and/or diagnosis please

Thanks

Steve

Mechanische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Elektrische Kentnisse vorhanden: NEIN | Messgerät vorhanden: NEIN
    • Hi BS
      It is bizarre because ALL manuals on the komtra.de site do NOT download as pdf files for me. They just open as a webpage with words and no photos. I have just tried again on a different laptop and it's the same.
      Is it possible to zip them all and maybe post to a fileshare site somewhere and post a link so I can get them by a different method??

SS

The machine is an S40; my mistake earlier.

Straight after 'Clean' cycle, machine asks for 'Calcif'

BUT, although pumps is running, no water is now filling the system and repeated attempts not cleared the problem.

Finally got (german) manuals and top/side covers off, but where to start? Plastic pipes all look clear, so flowmeter (is it possible to clean?) problem?

Can you recommend a sequence of checks please?

Steve

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von stevesaddler ()

• Yes. The pdf files opened only as a webpage, not in pdf reader and still had no photos!

I updated my earlier post as I found another site with some service files
      komtra.de/service-reparatur-anleitungen.html

Files are still in German (of course!) so I am now trying to translate via Google and now have the top and side covers removed!! Progress!

I have identified the flowmeter/pump etc and there is no visible sign of leaks or damage. So, I need to check the water parts> remove the flowmeter first and clean ??? How??
    • You should check all water parts that there is no constipation.

The flowmeter has bayonet lock at his cap. Turn the cap counterclockwise.
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
      Küche: Jura GIGA 5 Pianoblack-Chrom Bj: 2012
      Büro: [sJura GIGA X3 ALU Bj: 2014
    • OK...removed and checked the heater and no blockages (easy to blow through; no restrictions).
      Replaced and tried the machine...pump is working (pulse s OK)
      To check the hose from the pump to the heater, I removed the spring clip to the elbow on the outlet side of the pump and there was a lot of back-pressure and water sprayed out. So I'm thinking that the problem is downstream of the pump and heater and not on the flowmeter (which I can not remove!).
      So it's the 3-way valve next??

SS
    • dropbox.com/sh/5cuczz9enwn2lbu…pjVNMHk7TS8y_u8ODKKa?dl=0

Link to photos of my 'sick' S40

Flowmeter removed, blown through and opened..no debris/blockage.
      Tried to do another water-fill test and now have a 'close the door' error message. Refitting side panel failed to clear message, so microswitch (schalter turkontakt) removed and wires connected to short-circuit...no change. Now what? If I can't clear this fault I cannot see if all blockages are clear.
      Also I still may have to remove and clean the keramikventil but I can't get the front cover off...some stock photos on Komtra suggest that it is hinged...not on my TK64001/03. Any ideas ??

Grosse
    • Hallo

there is a differenc between picture 20150403_155348.jpg and
      picture 20150406_013332.jpg at the left single microswitch with
      the yellow wires. I think the first picture shows the right positions
      of the wires. This should cause the error: Close Door

Gruß
      BS
      Immer logisch und Schritt für Schritt vorgehen. Blinder Aktionismus kostet Zeit und Geld.
    • A great spot from the photos...fantastic. Thanks.
      But my problems continue.
      I had to remove and strip the worm motor assembly because I had fitted the 'mitnehmer' the wrong way round and the dog coupling was not aligned.
      All refitted and 'close door' fault now cleared.
      There is no water in the unit so I expected the unit to fill but instead, when I switch on, I get a 'unit is heating' and no filling and now an error 8? I don't understand.

SS
    • Are you shure that the cam-disk isn´t about 180° in the wrong position?
      Make a photo of the microswitches an the cam-disk and show is here.

To upload photos you have to take the "Erweiterte Antwort" button at the
      bottom of the editor frame to get into the tab with the functionality to upload
      fotos.

From which country you come?

BS
    • OK; It's possible that I made this mistake as well!! (The 'cam-disc' is the thin, black disk about 100mm diameter on the photo 20150403-155348 that you spotted the wrong connections earlier??)

I will strip it down again later and take a photo of the position and the 2 microswitches and try and upload

I am in the UK

Thanks for all your help so far
      SS
    • Hello,

on this foto the position seams ok. but I want to see it completly assembled.
      Look this thread - there are 2 fotos with the right position of the thin black
      disk and the "Mitnehmer": Bosch B20, Drainageventil?

If there ist a problem with the positioning of the brewing unit, you must replace
      the microswitches against NEW-ONES!!! (no testing or else - replacing! They
      are getting a mechanical - not an electrical problem)

BS
    • OK, I have looked at the fotos and stripped down my machine again:-
      Foto 1 shows the 'as found' position of the disk and microswitches. You were right that the disk was not in the correct position.
      Foto 2 shows the first reposition attempt (no good because the coupling to the Bruheinheit was not aligned)
      Foto 3 shows the second reposition which also aligned the coupling correctly.

Machine reassembled and tried again and although the motor/bruheinheit starts into life, the display shows 'unit is heating' but still no water fill. When I first started this thread, the pump was pulsing but no water because of a blockage (?). Why is the pump no longer trying to fill the system? I am worried because the heater comes on (the block starts to get warm/hot as soon as the unit is switched on) but there is no water in the system!

Is there a way of 'forcing' for example, a decalcif or a 'clean' program or any option to see if these try and fill the system ?
      This machine is taking over my life, and I want my life back! I am fast getting to a position where I will have to say 'genug ist genug" and get another machine !!!!! (This will be a shame (Wie schade?) as your help so far has been fantastic!

Steve
      Dateien
      • 1.pdf

(363,93 kB, 703 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
      • 2.pdf

(466,99 kB, 677 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
      • 3.pdf

(445,29 kB, 597 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • Hello,

on all three pictures the disk isn´t in the right "Zero-Position".
      Is has nothing to do with the not alligned brewing-unit (BU).
      The drive has to find the zero-position without alligned BU.

Whether the drive doesn´t find the right position you can
      test nothing else, because you don´t know the conditions
      of the sequentiel-control from the machine - and it has a
      sequentiel-control in which the right position of the drive
      is a necessary condition for many functions.

Are you shure that the "Mitnehmer" is in the right position
      according to the position of the black disk?

Whats about the microswitches - did you replaced them
      yet?

Sometimes ist very bugging to repair such a machine - but
      how we saw you also did some assembly faults at your work.
      that makes it not easier - perhaps there is also a further
      assembly fault hidden.

BS
    • Hi BS
      Looking back at your post above (Montag 2048) you said:
      "on this foto the position seams ok. but I want to see it completly assembled.
      Look this thread - there are 2 fotos with the right position of the thin black disk and the "Mitnehmer":B20 "

That foto was the 'as-found' position before I took it fully apart and the disk position looks very similar to the foto on the above
      B20 thread, so I have tried to reassemble to this position in Foto 3, so I am now confused by your comment that :
      "on all three pictures the disk isn´t in the right "Zero-Position". Is has nothing to do with the not alligned brewing-unit (BU).
      The drive has to find the zero-position without alligned BU." ???

So, where is this 'zero-position' and how do I set it up if not by the B20 thread fotos??

SS
    • Hi,

on one side of the black disc there are two "Schaltnocken"
      the upper microswitch must be pressed by the left of them.
      Otherwise this is not the home-position (0-position).

BS
      INFO-VIDEO

Hilfe zur selbstständigen Reparatur von Kaffeevollautomaten (Jura, Delonghi, Siemens u.v.m.)